Sunday, November 06, 2005
I took this picture in Rome, Italy. The UAU stands for United Against Ugliness in case you can't read it in the picture. My sister and I were driving around town today and we realized that most cars are basically the same. What happened to invention and individuality? Sometimes I wish everyone sewed their own clothes, coats, and knitted and crocheted their own hats, mittens, scarves, etc. I wish things had more of an individual stamp. I also love that there are standardizations, like Target and Gap. Maybe I want "standardized individuality", ironic huh? The book of Ecclesiastes (1:9 & 10--in the Old Testament) it says, "What has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time." [NIV]
No comments:
Post a Comment