Post Merry Christmas....
I had a nice time with my family. My sister Kristin (2nd oldest) came with her family (husband, 17yo son, 15yo daughter, 3yo son, and Australian Shepherd) from Colorado on the 22nd and left the this morning. The youngest of my three sisters (still 8 years older) Holly came from about 3 hours away with her family (husband, 7yo and 3yo sons)on the 26th (evening) and left the evening of the 27th. My niece Jennifer lives in California but was about an hour away visiting her dad and she came by at 3:00 the 22nd and left about 7:00 that evening. She came with her son Gabe (21mo.) he wasn't feeling well and was a little grouchy.
It was a crazy whirlwind but fun. I was pleasantly suprised by presents I received. I got an iPod Nano from my oldest sister Dawn---BIG surprise. My sister Holly gave me a beautiful hat and scarf she made (crocheted and knitted respectively) as well as a beautiful cashmere sweater for my birthday/thank you gift. My sister Kristin gave me some much-needed, much-appreciated cash. My parents bought me the Bridget Jones DVD and told me to buy some clothes I needed/wanted and they would pay for them. I got money from Grandma H for Christmas and money from Nana for birthday and Christmas (it is nice having it lumped together!). I did not have much money before Christmas to buy gifts. I feel so cheap but I did not want to have to borrow money from my parents to pay my bills in order to buy Christmas gifts. Bob and Kristin got a loaf of bread (completely homemade by yours truly), Mandy (15) got a coffee date, Luke (3) got a lunch date, Noah (7) and Andy (3) are getting individual dates, I'm helping mom de-clutter, Dad gets a date to his favorite local burger joint (mom and dad also got a loaf of bread), Scott and Holly got a loaf of bread as well and a baby-sitting coupon, and Robbie was supposed to get a coffee date but I ran out of time and he got a picture frame instead (the only present I wrapped!) I didn't end up getting gifts for anyone in Dawn's family or Joe (brother-24). It is hard when you have NO money and 19 other people in your family (only including parents siblings/spouses and all offspring).
In other news, my oldest nephew, Josh (almost 27)is engaged to his girlfriend, Lea. I have never met her but have heard good things. They are planning on getting married August 5, 2006. My 17 year old nephew Robbie is planning on getting married summer of 2007...
New Years Resolutions 2006
1. LOVE!!! (God, family, friends, myself)
2. Lower cholesterol--beat Scott
3. Get Healthy! (get off my buttocks--exercise)
4. Be a good student (do more than go to class--homework!)
5. Be a good friend (initiate communication)
6. Be a good daughter (don't yell)
7. Be a good sister (be there!, see also be a good friend and daughter)
8. Be a good Christian (no gossip or hypocrisy)
9. Run a 1/2 marathon!
10. Practice piano and voice--don't make a fool of myself, teachers, or family at my senior recital!
11. Be frugal
12. Conquer my fears!
13. Live well
That's it for now, I'm sure I'll add a lot more later, these are not necessarily in order of importance, just the order I thought of them
No comments:
Post a Comment