Monday, September 19, 2005

I love my mom. She is the best mother for me and that is why God put us together. Sure, sometimes we might yell and scream (okay mostly me), she might say things that get under my skin the way nothing else can but I know she unconditionally loves me. We've been through some interesting times (namely homeschooling) and I think that through it all we've drawn closer. I can't say the same for my dad and I, but that's another story. Mom and Dad were in town and took me out to dinner. Mom took Dad back to the hotel and she took me to Target and Sam's Club to get some things that I needed. She is willing to give up things for herself in order to give to others. It makes me feel bad sometimes but I know it is one of the ways she feels she can give. We had a really good time, she encouraged me immensely. I thought I would close and share a funny hymn my mom used to sing to me as a lullaby (the hymn itself is not funny, just weird that she sang it as a lullaby).

I Will Serve Thee


I will serve Thee, because I love Thee
You have given Life to me

I was nothing before you found me
You have given Life to me

Heartache, broken pieces
Ruined lives are why You died on Calvary

Your touch, was what I longed for
You have given life to me.


Happy 7th Birthday Noah! I am so glad God put you in our family. We love you more than we can say. Being with you is like seeing a glimpse of Heaven.

No comments: