Saturday, September 27, 2008

Seeing Life Through Rose Colored Glasses (or just frames with flowers on them)






I finally got new glasses. I have replaced my dear friend of six years (my trusty Nine West frames--they traveled world with me, and stood by me through college and almost two years of teaching). I had them adjusted over a year ago and something happened to the lenses in the process, making them unsuitable for use outside of watching t.v. (I couldn't wear them to drive). I'm happy to have a back-up in the event that I can't wear my contacts!

This school year is going well. I love my new school, even my classroom with super old carpet. The previous teacher (now my mentor) painted 2 circles on the carpet as well as lines, it has saved me SOOO much time.

I found out about a job opening in this district back in Oct. 2006, I somehow knew I would end up here but didn't know how/when. I ended up in Omaha as a first stepping stone in Dec. 2006, received a rejection letter, and then was called for an interview in March 2007. I had no idea I would go through a year like I did last year. I wondered why I thought it would be a good idea to teach here, now that I am at my new school, I know why!

I am certainly glad to feel more stability in my life since things are so crazy in our country right now. I don't know who will do a better job. I think Obama is a smoother talker and more polished than McCain. McCain certainly has more life experience than Obama, how that will translate into his presidency I don't know. The biggest issue to me is still abortion. Even though our country is in financial crisis and at war, we still must hold human life (whether it be embryonic, fetal, infantile, child, adolescent, adult, elderly) in the highest of esteem. We can't sacrifice unborn children for healthcare of those already born, or the pocketbooks of financially strapped families. I'm not sure how much faith I have in either candidate but I pray that God will grant wisdom to whoever becomes the president. I hope that the addition of Sarah Palin to the Republican ticket will bring renewed interest into rights and services for those with special needs and a stronger stance against abortion, not to mention, she has cute glasses...

That's all for now!

No comments: